Use this form to upload a local Word file and convert the Word file to XPS file.
1. Click the "Choose File" button (different web browsers may have different button names such as "browse..."), a browse window will open, select a local Word file and click the "Open" button. This online program supports:
- DOCX: Microsoft Office Word 2007/2010/2013/2016
- DOC: Microsoft Office Word 95/6.0/97/2000/XP/2003
- RTF: Rich Text Format
- XML: Microsoft Office Open XML
- TXT: Plain Text
2. Click the "Convert Now!" button to convert. Wait a few seconds for the file conversion to finish.
3. You can download or view the output XPS file on your web browser after conversion. No email address required to receive files.
XPS Document Format: Open XML Paper Specification (also referred to as OpenXPS) is an open specification for a page description language and a fixed-document format. Microsoft developed it as the XML Paper Specification (XPS). It is an XML-based specification, based on a new print path (print processing data representation and data flow) and a color-managed vector-based document format that supports device independence and resolution independence. In Windows 8 .xps was replaced with the ECMA standard .oxps format which is not natively supported in older Windows versions.