Use this form to upload a local scanned PDF file and convert the PDF file to text (*.txt) file.
1. Click "Choose File" button (different web browser may have different button name such as "browse..."), a browse window will open, select a local Adobe PDF file and click "Open" button. You can also convert image files to text file.
2. Set PDF page. You can set only one PDF page to convert at one time because OCR processing is very slow. The default value is 1 which means the first page.
3. You must select the right language if the PDF isn't using default English. It can't automatically detect which language a scanned PDF file are using.
4. Click "Convert Now!" button to convert. Wait a few seconds for the file conversion to finish.
5. You can download or view the txt file on your web browser after conversion. No email address required to receive files.
Scanned PDF OCR: When you scan a paper using an electronic scanning device, the whole content will be captured as an image. So when you save it as PDF file, there's no text content but only an image embedded in the PDF file. A scanner doesn't recognize the character of every word when it creates the scanned image. To convert scanned PDF file into plain text, OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software is required to analyze the image of each character and match it to an electronic character-based file. The OCR software this online converter are using is Tesseract-OCR which is an excellent open-source program. The quality of the OCR text output is mainly affected by the image quality of the scanned document.